Just what is it that makes the Cuban Special so special? It is hard to put a finger on exactly what it is, but for me at least, the fresh pineapple juice is what I am the most fond of in this recipe. This wonderfully tropical, exotic, and incredibly flavorful cocktail is perfect for one of those hot summer afternoons when the world is still and the heat is at its peak. There is nothing quite like a fruity cocktail to tone down the sweltering sunlight!
The Cuban Special is similar to a Cuban Sidecar, the difference between the two being the pineapple juice and the garnish of a pineapple wedge. The drink combines rum, fresh lime juice, fresh pineapple juice, and triple sec to create a lime-y, pineapple-y, orange-y concoction that is sure to drive drinkers wild with joy!
These are also fantastic to enjoy at a pool party, particularly when it starts heading into the muggy nighttime hours. It will refresh you and get you geared up to continue the festivities in no time!
CUBAN SPECIAL COCKTAIL RECIPE
2 measures rum
1 measure fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh pineapple juice
1 teaspoon triple sec
Pineapple wedge, for garnish
1. Chill a cocktail glass by filling it with ice cubes and cold water. Set it aside while you prepare the cocktail.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes. Pour in the rum, fresh lime juice, fresh pineapple juice, and triple sec. Shake the mixture vigorously until it is well frosted.
3. Empty the ice cubes and cold water from the cocktail glass.
4. Strain the mixture from the cocktail shaker into the chilled cocktail glass.
5. Decorate the drink by garnishing it with a wedge of fresh pineapple, then serve and enjoy!